Workplace Relations Commission Inspectors carry out employment rights compliance inspections and associated enquiries.
In general Inspectors have the following powers :
- To enter any premises at a reasonable time
- To demand sight of records
- To inspect records
- To take copies of records
- To remove and retain records
- To require persons to produce records
- To interview and require information from any relevant person
Where contraventions of legislation are detected, Inspectors may, depending on the area of legislation involved, issue a compliance notice or fixed payment notice or initiate legal proceedings. However, employers are afforded every reasonable opportunity to rectify any contraventions.
Link to "Let's talk records and inspections" webpage.
Concerns over employment rights, exploitation of workers or undeclared work can be reported to WRC Inspection Services by e-mailing email@example.com